What happens when you are struggling with addiction and are pregnant? Many people find themselves struggling with addiction for years and are unsure how they can overcome it. When you add pregnancy to the picture, things get more complicated as health risks to both mother and child increase dramatically. If you are battling addiction issues and are pregnant, an important first step is to learn about your options. That’s why enrolling in a women’s rehab program right now may be the best decision for you. Our team at Sunflower Wellness Retreat can help you through that process.
Addiction and Pregnancy: Know the Risks
When it comes to addiction and pregnancy, the fact of the matter is simple and straightforward: a woman with addiction issues should stop drinking alcohol and using substances if she becomes pregnant. It is important to keep in mind, however, that addiction is a disease, and as such, requires more than sheer willpower to overcome. Rather, it takes a lot of hard work and professional treatment. Being pregnant does create more of an urgency. That’s because any of the substances you are taking in due to your addiction are not safe for the child. You’re in a difficult place, but there is help available to you through our women’s rehab program.
It’s critical to understand these common myths about addiction and pregnancy:
- In many cases, it is unsafe to simply stop using without medical assistance.
- Pregnancy does not impact your treatment needs. You can and should get addiction treatment during your pregnancy.
- Addiction impacts the health of your child even if you have been using for a long time.
- There’s no way to know if your child will be healthy unless you stop using and work with your doctor for help.
- You can do something about it and still have a safe pregnancy if you act soon enough.
- You are not alone in this process. Even if you do not have anyone by your side to help you, our team can provide you with the support you need for both addiction recovery and pregnancy.
What to Expect from Our Women’s Rehab Program
Once you contact our team, we can work to find a treatment plan that’s right for your immediate needs. We know time matters here and that you need help right away. Our goal is to ensure the women’s rehab program we offer gives you what you need. This includes medications that are safe for your child as well as support for your addiction withdrawal and cravings. Our goal is to help you stop using drugs and alcohol in a safe way for all involved.
Equally important is the fact that our women’s rehab program is very safe for you if you are pregnant. When you enroll in our program, our team will work with you closely to ensure all of your pregnancy-related needs are met throughout this time. There is no time like the present to get the support you need. Our addiction specialists are here to support you through that process.
If you are facing addiction and pregnancy, reach out to our professionals. Our team will work closely with you through one of our comprehensive programs to get the support you need. You need an opportunity to heal. We can provide you with that in our women’s rehab program and through a combination of therapies that we select based on your individual needs. Among our programs you will find:
- Residential drug treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Women’s rehab program
Learn More About Addiction and Pregnancy by Calling Sunflower Wellness Retreat
If you have addiction issues and are pregnant, the expert, compassionate team at Sunflower Wellness Retreat can help you. There is no better time than right now to get the support and guidance you need to overcome your addiction and protect your child’s health and well-being. Call us at 855.730.8825 or reach out to us online today to learn more about our women’s rehab program and what it can do for you.