Cocaine is a highly addictive stimulant that can have powerful effects on the user’s health and overall well-being. Cocaine can be injected, snorted, or smoked. No matter how it is used, the effects of cocaine can usually be felt immediately, and they put the user at considerable risk of a cocaine overdose. When taken in high doses, cocaine can lethally overstimulate the brain and body. The powerful stimulant effects that are associated with cocaine abuse can leave lasting detrimental effects on the user.
When seeking treatment services like cocaine rehab, it can be difficult to know what to expect. If you are interested in learning more about cocaine abuse and what addiction treatment programs are available to you, reach out today to Kansas-based Sunflower Wellness Retreat online or call us at 855.730.8825.
Cocaine Overdose Signs and Symptoms
Typical signs and symptoms associated with a cocaine overdose include:
- Irregular heart rate
- Extremely high blood pressure
- High body temperature
These symptoms usually indicate the onset of a heart attack, seizure, or stroke. Death following extreme cocaine abuse is typically the consequence of overstimulation. The first step in preventing lethal cocaine overdose is seeking treatment for cocaine abuse.
Cocaine Abuse Treatment at Sunflower Wellness Retreat
You cannot make light of the seriousness of a drug like cocaine. It is threatening in all forms. There are several medical complications that come with cocaine abuse. Not only is cocaine in large doses deadly, but even small amounts of the drug can have detrimental and even lethal effects. However, professional substance abuse treatment can stop addiction in its tracks. Treatment can help you overcome cocaine addiction through therapy, education, and effective coping techniques. If you or someone you care about is battling cocaine use disorder, it is important that you reach out for professional help right away.
When it comes to treating cocaine abuse, our skilled team at Sunflower Wellness Retreat is exceptionally well-trained. Our specialists build a program around your unique needs. These personalized plans increase the effectiveness of your treatment alongside the likelihood of your full recovery. Additionally, Sunflower Wellness Retreat has equipped our Kansas cocaine addiction treatment program with carefully thought-out plans and programs that ensure our clients are on the path to achieving lifelong recovery. We will help you every step of the way. When attending our cocaine rehab, you can benefit from our many addiction therapy programs, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT is a form of talk therapy. It helps you become mindful of your negative thoughts and feelings that cause you to seek out drug use.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – DBT teaches you skills and tools that can help manage and process painful emotions.
- Individual therapy – Attending individual therapy with a licensed professional is essential for uncovering the root cause of cocaine abuse.
- Recreation therapy – Drug abuse can diminish your self-worth. Engaging in recreational activities can help you find your strengths and rebuild your self-confidence.
- Holistic therapy – This type of therapy connects you with your mind, body, and spirit. Being mindful is an incredible tool that can help you throughout your journey in recovery.
- Dual-diagnosis treatment – Sometimes, addiction is a symptom of an underlying mental health issue. In a dual-diagnosis treatment program, the root cause of your addiction will be addressed alongside your substance abuse disorder.
- Group therapy – Participating in group therapy with peers who are in recovery can establish networks of support in achieving sobriety.
Find Out More at Sunflower Wellness Retreat
Do not let cocaine abuse endanger your life any longer. At Sunflower Wellness Retreat, change is possible. You do not have to combat cocaine addiction alone any longer. Our specialists are eager to help you. Visit Sunflower Wellness Retreat online or call us at 855.730.8825 to rise above your addiction.