Much of the work in addiction treatment focuses on healing the brain and body. However, there is more to this than just psychotherapy and medications. Alternative therapies work as a complement to evidence-based therapies. They help the brain to heal in other ways while also helping people to feel better. Often, in these holistic therapies, individuals get more of their spark back and embrace a new life of sobriety. At Sunflower Wellness Retreat, this is a big part of what we do. Call our team today at 855.730.8825 to learn more about our services.
What Are Alternative Therapies?
The use of alternative therapy has grown in recent years as a part of addiction treatment. It can provide more support for various ailments. There is no replacement for traditional, evidence-based care for addiction. However, these supportive programs can help provide quality of life improvement.
Some of the holistic programs we offer at Sunflower Wellness Retreat include:
- Family therapy programs
- Fitness programs
- Mindfulness programs
- Arts and crafts programs
- Animal therapy
- Meditation and yoga programs
- Music and dance programs
Each of these can provide a person with the support they need to heal but in a more hands-on method. In this type of therapy, the goal is not to take in a lecture about your addiction. It is not to participate with other people through structured activities. Instead, it is about letting go of the stress. It is also about finding new things that interest you.
How Can Alternative Therapies Like This Really Help?
There are multiple ways alternative therapies can help a person to heal. Addiction damages every area of health and wellbeing. Here are some examples of how alternative therapies help you through these challenges:
- Withdrawal symptoms often cause pain and discomfort. Massage therapy can help to ease that inflammation and improve overall comfort.
- Mindfulness meditation programs help a person to reduce some of the stress they feel. It helps with grounding thoughts and feelings.
- Nutritional programs help to encourage healing on a cellular level by providing the body with the nutrients it needs.
- Animal therapy can help to build confidence, improve communication, and create improved self-worth.
- Arts and crafts can work as stress-outlets but also work to encourage expression and thoughtfulness. The same applies to music and dance.
- Yoga is an excellent fitness tool, but it also includes components of meditation.
Choosing the right type of alternative therapies for your needs takes some time. Trying something new can be a valuable way to build self-esteem and help you see the value of life again. Many people find that holistic treatments like this are useful for rebuilding character and finding their way again.
A Combination of Therapy for Addiction Recovery
To overcome addiction, a combination of therapies is necessary. Alternative therapies work alongside medication and medical support. These programs are beneficial to helping to heal the brain, as is psychotherapy. Most importantly, they can provide you with an improved quality of life.
Our team offers a range of services and changing holistic therapy options. A wide range of therapies can help you find your way forward to creating a happy, healthy future. To learn more about our alternative therapies, check out the treatment programs we offer. That includes:
- Residential treatment programs
- Partial hospitalization programs
- Intensive outpatient program
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Mental health treatment program
Call Sunflower Wellness Retreat Today
Alternative therapies are one of the components of the care we offer at Sunflower Wellness Retreat. Our team is dedicated to helping you to manage addiction recovery in the best manner possible. To learn more about how we can help you, call 855.730.8825 or reach out to us online.